If this is anything of a new year resolution, be the judge, but I think its high time I resuscitated this space.
IF you learnt anything in 2012, what was it….
Lessons in 2012
- If you don’t have a Stop loss you might as well get lost. I am a currency trader and if there is anything you learn from the second kick on a horse, it is that it tells you not to be kicked again. Understand that whatever you are doing has its downside and you must be ready to check out when you have gotten to your stop loss region. Sit down and count the cost, you dont build a mansion with 30 bags of cement, but you can build a room with that.
- Don’t be afraid to make a dream, plan or purpose, that’s how greatness is birthed. Did you know that it was a lady that invented the wipers on cars while trying to solve another problem entirely. Alexander Graham Bell the inventor of telephone was trying to make an hearing aid for his wife and mother who were both deaf when he stumbled on the telephone. Make a plan to reach for the stars, it might shoot you to the moon.
- If you think about the loss of the past, you would skip the profits of the future. Albert Einstein once famously remarked, I dont think about the future, it comes soon enough. If the genius never thought about the future because he always focused on the present, who would you who is not obviously more intellectually sagacious then he was begin to think of the past. Life is like a car, you cant drive at 100 mph looking back. Think on these things.
- When you start an endeavor you believe in and it’s discouraging, if you keep at it, the joy would be at least 10times the efforts. I have seen this happen in my life a couple of times, I have done what people have termed impossible and whats the result, the effort is not worth one tenth the result. You would be more strengthened if you find yourself doing what you believe in. Picasso the great artist once remarked ‘my mother said to me, ‘if you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the pope.’ Instead, I was a painter and became Picasso’. Let me help you explain that, His name became the height of a career.
- Make a goal on something you feel impossible, do something about it everyday and you would one day reign among the gods. As you read on the PC or whatever devise you now posses, I know you have light on your gadget but do you know the man who invented the light bulb famously failed over 9,999 times. If he had given up at that point, I am sure you and I would still be using kerosine and wicks to read on our computer screen cause it would be pitch black. Think about that and tell me why you think you are an impossible to a challenge. Come on, do something for the world and lets move to our next phase of industrialized globalization. I am counting on you ma.
- It takes 21 days to inculcate an habit, find one each month, your life would grow In leaps and bounds. Yes you must have began writing or have written your resolutions, but the power lies in doing something one day at a time. I have framed myself to develop a new habit each month by picking on something which i would do consistently, conscientiously, and concomitantly for 21 days, the end result is I have added another habit.The feeling is like having a distinction to a course in school. The reason while I would not sleep and penning this down at 3:16 GMT-oops reminds me of John 3:16-on the first of January 2013 is because I have discovered that the secret to enshrining a commitment is to act Now. And what is NOW, it is zero to twenty five seconds. Your time starts now…..
- Stand for what you believe irrespective of location disposition or contamination. One of my inspirations MLKJ once said, the true test of a man is not where he stands in comfort and convenience but where he stands in challenges and controversy. Another Thinker famously said, there is the right side and there is the wrong side, but the middle is an evil side. Better to live for something than to die for nothing. Stand for something and make a change. You were not born as a useless necessity, you are a definite objectivity. Even inanimate devices fulfill their destiny, look around you and take instruction.
- You would never know how much more you can achieve until you desire to try something new. Great things have little beginnings. If someone knew where Oprah was going to, she would not have been sacked from her TV station. If IBM knew Microsoft was going to make a killing in software, they would have bought the rights to it. So the reason why you are in a state of disrepair, disenchantment and disgust is because you need to dust yourself, rise up and become a better you. Things would not be achieved if men never ventured of to unknown paths. You are way too comfortable to become an inventor. Inventors dont stay in comfort, they create a mental state of discomfort in their world and come away making the world a better laboratory.
You are about to hit something that would change the world, but dont be downcast that you have left that 9-5 job or that your best friend just jilted you or you just lost a million dollars. You loose one, to gain a 100.
- Dont come out of 2013 Alive Come out of it Accomplished. This past year alone, the Queen celebrated her 60th year on the throne, President Obama won an historic reelection. The EURO currency was almost at the verge of Collapse, and I could go on and on. But one denominator among all this was that they were started on a day, during a specific month in a particular year and by one individual. So my question, why cant this be the year that births an idea on a day and a month for you to change our world. Dont be lazy, you will still come to the grave, but come bravely. See set a goal to do something. Need I say more, check out this blog on idea-http://wp.me/seyW2-146
- Dont Dull, the world needs your uniqueness, develop it. I am in a part of the world where if all you could do is watch TV, you could be given an award as the greatest TV watching maverick in your generation. I have seen ridiculous-and permit me to use the word-endeavors rewarded. However, I must alert you that if you can be the numero-uno in what you do, one day you would sit with kings. The bible clarifies your doubt here. A man’s gift maketh room for him and bringeth him before great men. Just compound on your gift and it would be the greatest investment in your life. Some of us may not understand Dr Einstein when he said ‘compound interest is the most powerful force on the earth’. But let me put it in less mathematical times. When you have something and you develop it, it increases, continue to develop that specific unique attitude, skill or value along with its increases and one day, if you dont faint you are sure to rule the world. You might get this today, this year, this decade or this century, but when you get it I want you to come back here and say thank you. Dont worry, I would be alive, I am living till the end of this century if JESUS tarries.
- Play. Work. Keep Quiet. Develop relationships with people that are close to their grave and those who have just come from the grave. I mean Old people and children and you would discover that the Older ones would tell you to have the heart of Children. Play and dont rate yourself that high, you were made from the dust, remember. Go on the floor, roll, tinker with toys, sing a song, do something and laugh at yourself, even learn to dance the GAGNAM style, 1 billion hits on YouTube is a lot to learn from. Mimic Mr Bean. Just help yourself out, its a full course meal but have fun.Work and Work and Work. Hard work never kills, it only refines. Abraham Lincoln said, the harder I work the luckier I get. You never achieve anything if you dont study to show yourself approved as a workman. IF you dont study, you would end up stupid. Be quiet, dont always say what your brain process, have time to cool of the steam, that’s why large kitchens have Chimneys. Your mouth can be a great impediment to your advancement, Einstein had a formular he said A+B+Z=Success. A is hardwork, B is to play harder and Z is to keep my big mouth shut. Remember silence mystifies, quietness glorifies and when you dont talk, you give people the benefit of doubt to think you are a wise man. King Solomon corroborated my last point when he said even a fool is shown some respect when he keeps quiet. So heads up… you know what yo do.
- Build a network. Remember that 6 degrees of separation is the difference between you and any body in the world. Robert Kiyosaki highlighted that the richest people in the world look for NETWORKS others look for WORK. Leave that lower state of survival and move to the realm of dominance. You should take out time to strategically put the right people into the right places, the wrong people, shut the door on them, no apologies about that. Jonah in His days made the Titanic of their time to sink. Until he left the ship, there was no peace. So be at peace with yourself and get some people out of your life without apologies. Let me suggest a strategy, just throw them off your ship, they would sink you if you hesitate. Figure that out with all sense of maturity. And then the ones in your life for the right reasons, put them at the right seats. You would see the level of progress you would make. Remember He that walks with the wise shall be wise, but a champion of fools shall destroyed.
- Dont leave a donut life. Fill the Circle with GOD. If you fall within the category of those who think there is no GOD, do me a favour take a ticket to hell and check out the tourism there. You dont have to believe there is heaven. Just like you dont have to believe that you need a Visa to America. But when you get to America and you dont have a visa, you know what happens to you, you get deported. Look at me, no read on. if you dont have a passport to eternal life, even if you came in first class and you own the private jet, you would still not be granted entry into that place of peace, tranquility and eternal happiness. One more things, there is no bribery and corruption there. But that singular reason is far fetched. A close relationship with God on earth here would give you inexpressible happiness. How many celebrities have committed suicide or just gone with the wind. I cant fill space by mentioning their names, but help your self out and think about the void you feel when you are alone in your room and you seem to ask questions which you cant answer, yet you have seen that, done that have all, been there, BITCH PLEASE!!! Man is a free moral agent, but you need a moral compass to get to your destination. This is as unreligious as I cant think about it. Choose your DESTINY.
That all folks….now what would you be the TOM or the JERRY…
See you in 2014, no sorry see you soon.
Show me your footprints by actionable decisions….